New technologies, new incidents. We know this well within the Fire Brigade and when the first electric car came into our roads, our main concern was to make sure no one of those electrons running the engine will hurt anyone.
Exactly the same thing happens in building, with new materials and fire behavior.
Now electric cigarets or for the cool people around e-Cig. Its nothing cool about smoking anyway.
As you can read in the link below, on the 15th of April a cool cigaret, with the wrong charger caused a fire in a flat and woman was rescued.
So make sure your Smoke alarm works and USE the RIGHT equipment for your e-Cig, and you should never leave items like e-cigarettes on charge over night or when you are sleeping.